Every parent has the support they need to give their children the best start in life.
Home-Start is a charity that offers support, friendship and practical help to parents with young children, in local communities throughout the UK and supports more than thirty thousand families each year
Home-Start offers a unique service, recruiting and training volunteers who are parents themselves – to visit families with at least one child under five at home to offer informal, friendly and confidential support
To help give children the best possible start in life, we support parents as they grow in confidence, strengthen and enjoy relationships with their children plus widen links with the local community.
Home-Start aims to increase the confidence and independence of the family by:
- offering support, friendship and practical assistance
- visiting families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each adult and child can be respected and protected
- reassuring parents that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual and encouraging them to enjoy family life
- developing a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and understanding can be developed, using a flexible approach to take account of different needs
- encouraging parents’ strengths and emotional well-being, for the ultimate benefit of the children
- encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available within the community
Our Annual Review
Our Annual General Meeting 2014
This year’s meeting will take place 29th Septemeber in St Vincent’s Church Hall from mid-day. Families and volunteers will be sharing their Home-Start stories.
Three Short Videos
about Home Start, its aims, its volunteers and the families it helps
Home-Start UK. A charitable company limited by guarantee.
Charity no. in England and Wales 1108837 and in Scotland SC039172.
Company no. 5382181.
Registered office: The Home-Start Centre, 8-10 West Walk, Leicester, LE1 7NA.
Patron: HRH Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, KG, GCVO